2009년 8월 23일 일요일

[Book Report] Tuesdays with Morrie

Title : Tuesdays with Morrie
Author : Mitch Albom
Publisher&Year :

vocabularies
comradeship
: friendship between a number of people who are doing the same work or who share the same difficulties or dangers.
perspiration : the liquid which comes out on the surface of your skin when you are hot or frightened.
grumble : to complain about something in a bad-tempered way.
typical : You use typical to describe someone or something that shows the most usual characteristics of a particular type of person or thing, and is therefore a good example of that type.
deficient : If someone or something is deficient in a particular thing, they do not have the full amount of it that they need in order to function normally or work properly.

How about being under sentence of a time limited life because of a serious disease that can not be cured by modern medicine. Almost all people are angry, cry and think gloomily like a TV drama. However the leading character of this book, Morrie accepts death differently than all others do. He invites his family, friends and disciples and shows how a life is valuable and how a person can get over fear of death. How many people who accept death beautifully and live a life worthy of man then die in the world? Also how many are blessed people who have a teacher like Morrie?
Mitch Albom, Morrie's dear disciple changed his a view of life and a value as time passes. He wished living humanely like Morrie when he studied with Morrie, but the moment he graduated his university the wish had been forgotten. He was a sports columnist who always followed rich sports stars. He gave wealth and honor precedence over other things including his wife. One day, he met his respected teacher Morrie suffering from Lou Gehrig's disease. Mitch hit upon his happy university life with Morrie and decided to visit him every Tuesday because he felt comfortable. Therefore they talked about the value of life in front of death seriously and not about hard education or a tired life like Mitch's university life.
Before talking about Morrie's attitude and thoughts in front of death, I want to tell the special relationship between Morrie and Mitch. I could feel their relationship was special when they called each other coach and player. Their relationship was not only teaching and studying about what is written in text books but also treating life over death, and the unchangeable relationship for 16 years. Although Mitch's view of life and value changed. Mitch with Morrie dreamed again about what he had in university. When I watched these two people, I wonder if I have teacher like Morrie.
Morrie felt his body had a problem when he danced. Though he realized that he was suffering from Lou Gehrig's disease, that makes muscle become hard and finally dying, he was the same before he got the disease. Also he tried to look at death by his view of life and thoughts, and to tell the way of getting over the fear of death. Morrie is a person so he must have felt the fear. However he went through it naturally as he said. He considered when people move in a sand swamp, they will die with the same difficulty and fear. It is not to be nerved and to pass through. Morrie's way is just accepting and feeling the hardness and fear. Such Morrie's view of life and idea was spread by TV programs and this book all over the world. Also he let lots of people get over fear that death is always gloomy and dark. Moreover, he makes people feel the world that is boring, disgusting and even makes people not want to live now is very valuable and important.
I wish the people who hide under armor called egoism and pretend to be strong because they are too skinny under the armor to read this book and get over their fear, would become honest at least with themselves. Finally, I wish there were lots of Morrie teachers and Mitch disciples.

댓글 10개:

  1. It's me ^---------------------^

    Yo~ I love this NO.1 comment

    of course I love this essay >ㅁ<

    답글삭제
  2. Hi, Ha Ha Ha
    I'm Minji in class 6.
    Your essay was cool and I love you!!!
    Totally Goooooood~

    답글삭제
  3. Yep I made it!
    I made it to write all the essays and finally managed to leave you this comment:)

    your essay is (wow) long~
    I think you suppressed your feeling about the book in this essay.

    Well done :)
    bye-

    답글삭제
  4. Hi Your report is good:)
    good job
    plz visit my blog bye~

    답글삭제
  5. Hey! I left comment!! I'm Minjeong:D
    You didn't left comment to me ㅠㅠ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

    답글삭제
  6. hey jihyeon :D ur blog is cool !
    sorry for being late. glad to visit you!
    have a nice nice Chuseok-

    답글삭제
  7. hola :)
    i heard the sucking gorilla visited seattle...
    i don't know..... i'm watching jay's past programms over and over again T.T

    답글삭제
  8. Hey my dear~
    I finally come to your blog!!!
    Your essay is good~

    Nowadays you seem to be very tired. ㅜㅜ
    As you know, I always stand by you~
    I love you!

    답글삭제
  9. Hi! i'm jeongyoon from 1-6
    although one of your comment was a mistake
    I really apreciate your comment lol
    your essay looks good!!

    답글삭제
  10. It's nice for you think of Mitch as well as Morrie. You are a nice student like Mitch. I hope you will keep your kind heart after graduation of schools.
    You got 10 points for your blog management assignment. 10 Points mean "Excellent". You are a good student always.

    답글삭제